Director of Product Marketing
SOA Software sells the Enterprise API Management Platform. It is a connecting point where APIs can be published, promoted, and managed in a secure, scalable environment. Enterprise API providers can create and manage their own developer community, or just plug into the existing communities. APIs can be discovered and harnessed by creative people who blend it with complementary APIs from your partners. Where these developers can work together, share ideas, and support each other in new and productive ways. Think of it as Enterprise Ready API Management, done socially.
SOA Software is looking for a Director of Product Marketing to lead our enterprise growth and culture efforts for its Enterprise API management platform. Working with the Marketing and Business Development teams, the Director of Product Marketing will promote the API Management products. The Director of Product marketing will also write and publish content related to open and private APIs. The position will be working in a high volume, deadline oriented team environment.
- Owns the development of all value propositions, sales tools, marketing and go-to-market strategies for the Enterprise API Platform, across all product offerings. Strong premium placed on ability and experience in crafting & developing compelling messages and tools (presentations, playbooks, competitive analyses, product videos, customer success stories, product demonstrations etc.), in support of the sales team.
- Works with product management to distill key functionality and benefits into core product marketing messages.
- Develop campaigns to developer killer lead-gen campaigns.
- Identifies and executes on breakthrough product marketing activities that set SOA Software apart from competition.
- Owns Enterprise API Platform marketing content and leads the development of marketing campaign assets.
- Analyze and report on user activity data; develop SOA Software understanding of visitors behavior and their connections to us online
- Moderate and be the voice of the community and the translator between the users and the stakeholders
- Travel to API events such as conferences as the SOA Software evangelist
- 7+ years experience in product marketing in a high tech company.
- Experience from API Management companies and related industries
- A solid understanding of APIs, web services, and general technology and trends
- Experience with social media (Facebook, Youtube, Twitter, Google) and its applicability in the enterprise applications market.
- Exceptional writing and copy editing skills
- Exceptional organizational skills are required to manage and prioritize daily work schedules
- Track-record of successful email and online channel management
- A minimum of four years previous experience in online marketing
- Strong skills in communication, presenting, writing and ability to work well cross-functionally.
- Demonstrated ability in launching and growing hit products.
- A reputation as being the “best friend” of the sales organization because you’ve developed the tools they’ve needed to sell successfully.
- Proven track record in performing well in a fast pace environment and organizational skills to manage multiple projects with tight deadlines effectively.
- Dynamic confident personality with ability to successfully drive projects with minimal guidance.
- Proven creative thinker that can generate and execute on innovative “breakout” marketing ideas.
- Proven track record in crafting compelling positioning and thought leadership content.
- Hands-on ability (we love seeing examples!) to create a range of fun, innovative marketing assets (including sharp succinct slide pitch-decks and viral, on-message product demo videos).
- MBA a plus (but we also like brilliant people who didn’t go to business school).
To inquire about this position, please send an email with your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Location: San Francisco Bay Area or Los Angeles
Please send resume to Jennifer dot Williams at soa dot com
Back to Careers