Senior Sales Consultant
The Senior Sales Consultant will act as a Pre-sales Consultant and a Technical Architect for the North America region. He/She will act as a key “go-to” resource for the Account Managers for presentations, demonstrations, proof-of-concepts and architectural discussions that are required as part of the sales process. In addition, this resource may serve as a Program Manager for post-sale deployments at strategic customers, with the goal of securing follow-on business. This person will also benefit the professional services and product development organizations by developing detailed scope and requirements for pipeline deals, and by communicating customer requirements, feedback and potential product enhancement opportunities back to product management.
- Act as a pre-sales technical consultant in support of the account team in the areas of:
- API Management
- SOA Governance
- Service-oriented architecture
Develop and deliver presentations & demos onsite as well as online
Respond to RFI/RFP questions
Hold technical workshops and training for internal and external audience
Execute onsite and offsite Proof-Of-Concept
Program-manage existing deployments to ensure customer satisfaction, reduce function creep, and develop incremental business
Develop a good working relationship with deployment resources to ensure a smooth, accurate, and detailed “handoff” process between pre-sales and post-sales
Additionally, act as a key partner liaison for future major technology / channel partners
Provide field experience and customer feedback to headquarters regarding market positioning and product development
Act as regional field marketing, lead generation, and Web services evangelist resource in cooperation with corporate marketing programs
- 4+ years experience at enterprise software companies, in a pre-sales, professional services, or solution marketing role
Experience working independently in a rapidly changing start-up environment
- Proficiency with Linux, AIX, Solaris and Windows operating systems
- Experience working with application servers like IBM WAS, Oracle WebLogic, IIS/WCF, Jetty, etc.
- Experience with IAM systems like CA SiteMinder, Oracle OID/OAM, IBM TIM/TAM, Ping Identity, etc.
- Experience with IBM WebSphere DataPower a plus
- Development background in Java, NodeJS or C# an added plus
- Understanding of following technologies: J2EE/.NET development, SOAP, WS-Security, WS-Trust, SAML, OAuth, OpenID, XSLT
- Functional Experience: REST API, SOA/Web services, B2B XML, EAI, EDI, trading partner integration
- Marketing: Contribute domain expertise for customer case studies, scenario demonstrations, targeted collateral for replicable business process or industry solutions, lead generation, and trade show / event evangelism.
- Product Management: Contribute domain expertise for future functional requirements driven by key customer business process needs.
Travel: 50%To inquire about this position, please send an email with your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Back to Careers