SOA Software Announces Integrated SOA Governance for IBM WebSphere Process Server and WebSphere ESB
Company certifies WebSphere Process Server and WebSphere ESB as Governed Service Platforms
Los Angeles, Calif., April 7, 2008—SOA Software, a leading Integrated SOA Governance Automation vendor, today announced that it has certified IBM WebSphere Process Server and WebSphere Enterprise Service Bus as Governed Service Platforms. This allows customers to use WebSphere Process Server and WebSphere ESB to implement and enforce governance policies for enterprise services providing reporting data to enable a closed-loop audit process as part of their enterprise SOA.
Certified Governed Service Platform status means that customers can be confident that their platforms won’t compromise the fidelity of the governance systems and structures defined in an enterprise SOA program.
SOA Software’s Workbench and Service Manager ensure that WebSphere Process Server can facilitate and benefit from the core Integrated SOA Governance Automation best practices:
- Trust & Management Mediation – provide last-mile security, metric collection and reporting, SLA monitoring and management, to ensure that services exposed by WebSphere Process Server are governed, managed, and secured. Provide policy implementation and mediation to allow WebSphere Process Server to communicate with a wide range of mission critical business services exposed from non-IBM platforms.
- Service Virtualization – conveniently allow WebSphere Process Server to expose services to partners, and consumer partner services
- Governance Automation – automate the publishing of WebSphere Process Server services, providing lifecycle workflow with approvals, collaboration services, and consumer contract provisioning
- Continuous Compliance and Validation - ensure the relevance, applicability and suitability of WebSphere Process Server services
- Metadata Federation - ensure that WebSphere Process Server services are visible to, relevant, and consumable by other platforms - and make services from other platforms visible to, relevant and consumable by WebSphere Process Server. Automatically discover services in Process Server and publish them into Workbench subject to governance policies
- Change Impact Mitigation - ensure that changes to WebSphere Process Server services don’t cause major outages by maintaining consumer contracts
- Uniform Policy Management - ensure that WebSphere Process Server services can be leveraged as first-class citizens throughout an enterprise SOA by complying with enterprise policies that are uniform across all platforms
SOA Software provides a fully functional Agent for Process Server. The Agent deploys into the container hosting Process Server and provides a management application, a policy engine, and a handler mechanism. The management application monitors Process Server’s management API for new services. When it discovers a new service, depending on its policies it will either automatically install a mediation primitive into the mediation flow to intercept messages for processing by the policy engine, or simply register the service with Workbench. Policies are defined using the WS-Policy language and the policy engine discovers its policies using WS-MetadataExchange and reports metrics, usage and exceptions to the Workbench.
SOA Software also provides a fully functional Delegate in the form of a mediation primitive. The Delegate deploys into mediation flows for WESB and WPS to abstract them from the location, transport and other policy representations of consuming services.
“We are pleased to announce the integration of our Integrated SOA Governance Automation products with WebSphere Process Server,” said Frank Martinez, executive vice president of SOA Software. “The certification of WebSphere Process Server as a Governed Service Platform gives customers confidence that the enterprise adoption of WebSphere Process Server will preserve the fidelity of the governance models, structures and mechanisms supporting their enterprise SOA program.”
SOA Software and IBM
IBM customers leverage SOA Software for seamless, heterogeneous SOA Governance, Security and Management integration with their IBM Middleware infrastructure to ensure interoperability across disparate partners and platforms. SOA Software’s products provide uniform lifecycle and policy governance across all existing platform investments with standards support for Governance automation and trust enablement and mediation.
SOA Software’s products govern IBM’s WebSphere SOA Foundation product family including WSRR, DataPower, Process Server, Application Server, and Message Broker.
About SOA Software
SOA Software is a leading provider of comprehensive, enterprise-class integrated SOA Governance solutions. SOA Software products provide a comprehensive closed-loop SOA governance solution (Workbench), a high-performance, scalable SOA security, mediation, and management (Service Manager), and a mainframe Web services solution for CICS applications (SOLA). SOA Software products process over 500 million mission critical transactions a month and are used by the largest Fortune 1000 corporations, including Merrill Lynch, Verizon, and Pfizer. For more information, please visit http://www.soa.com.
SOA Software, Workbench, Service Manager, SOLA, and Network Director are trademarks of SOA Software, Inc. All other product and company names herein may be trademarks and/or registered trademarks of their registered owners.
Back to Press Releases