Policy Manager 6.0 Provides Planning, Development and Operational Policy Governance for SOA and Cloud Services
Los Angeles, CA – March 24, 2010 – SOA Software, a leading SOA and Cloud Services Governance provider, today announced Policy Manager 6.0 with advanced Policy and security Federation for SOA and Cloud Services. SOA provides the foundation for a successful transition to an Enterprise Cloud Operating Model. Providing the right level of control over distributed, heterogeneous systems and platforms requires the effective policy governance provided by Policy Manager version 6.0.
Policy Manager 6.0 is an important step forward for existing and prospective customers in 3 main areas:
- Heterogeneous Policy Management: It offers advanced policy management, distribution and federation capabilities for the federation of planning, development and operational policies across a broad range of platforms including IBM, Microsoft, SAP, Oracle and RedHat
- Security Federation: It supports advanced security federation standards, providing enterprise-class token, authorization, and PKI capabilities for SOA and Cloud Services
- Open Architecture: It leverages an OSGi-based architecture providing a flexible, reliable, and high-performance solution for the most demanding enterprise environments
“Large enterprises today have to expand their focus beyond Web services and SOA to incorporate cloud services and other emerging technologys,” said Alistair Farquharson, CTO of SOA Software. “Policy Manager 6.0 provides an extensible policy governance solution that allows customers to implement and enforce uniform policies helping ensure the security and availability of critical assets across a wide range of business initiatives.”
Heterogeneous Policy Management
Policy Manager 6.0 is a comprehensive policy administration and management system for all platforms. It provides customers with a delegated administration system for authoring, managing and distributing policies across a heterogeneous environment to ensure consistency and relevance of SOA and Cloud services and other assets. It includes:
- Comprehensive support for the WS-Policy specification allowing advanced containers such as Microsoft WCF to enforce security and other policies without an agent in the transaction path. It supports the common policy assertions and introduces some new standards for monitoring and auditing:
- WS-Addressing Policy
- WS-Auditing Policy
- WS-TransactionTracking Policy
- WS-HTTPSecurity Policy
- Delegated policy administration allowing administrators to delegate the responsibility for specific policy management activities through their organization helping enable the efficiency and applicability of local policies while still ensuring enterprise wide policy compliance.
- Support for composite policies, allowing customers to easily create sophisticated policy configurations that remain manageable at an enterprise and local level.
- Automated compliance policy validation, allowing users to easily ensure the relevance, applicability and suitability of services and other assets throughout their enterprise.
- Platform-independent policy distribution and enforcement with proven support for IBM WebSphere Registry Repository and SAP Enterprise Service Repository.
- An open architecture allowing easy integration with solutions that don’t support WS-Policy, for example SOA Software has already released Policy Manager for IBM WebSphere DataPower offering comprehensive governance of DataPower appliances.
Policy Manager 6.0 provides a powerful security federation solution with a security token server for authentication and token exchange, an authorization server for distributed SOA and Cloud services authorization policy enforcement, and a built-in Certificate Authority and Public Key Infrastructure solution allowing for public/private key-pair generation, management and automated distribution. Amongst other things, Policy Manager 6.0 includes:
- A SAML authority for the generation and signing of SAML assertions, and comprehensive SAML processing and validation capabilities.
- A WS-Trust service for authentication and token exchange enabling sophisticated security token mediation use-cases such as exchanging username/password tokens for SAML assertions or X.509 certificates.
- An XACML service for processing authorization requests against a local authorization policy store or via distribution to most common identity and access management systems.
- WS-SecureConversation support for high-performance, session-based secure SOA and Cloud service consumption.
Policy Manager 6.0 is based on the OSGi specification delivering exceptional operational readiness with automated online update capabilities, easy extensibility and proven performance and scalability for the world’s most demanding enterprise and cloud services environments.
Pricing and Availability
Available in Q2 2010, Policy Manager 6.0 starts at $50k USD.
Back to Press Releases