SOA Software Announces Complete Mainframe SOA Solution
Provides The Lowest Total Cost of Ownership In The Industry
Los Angeles, Calif., April 7, 2008—SOA Software, the leading Integrated SOA Governance vendor announced the release of SOLA 6.0 (Service Oriented Legacy Architecture), a major update to its market-leading mainframe SOA Solution.
SOLA is the most complete mainframe Service Oriented Architecture (SOA) solution in the industry. SOLA solves today’s most critical problem, making mainframe applications part of an SOA in a cost effective manner. SOLA provides customers with a fast and easy process to expose mainframe applications as secure Web Services, and allows mainframe applications to consume Web Services. Using SOLA, customers can leverage billions of dollars of existing mainframe investments when building an enterprise SOA. The SOLA runtime environment runs entirely on the mainframe, eliminating the need for expensive, unreliable and unnecessary middleware. This coupled with SOLA’s Development Studio vastly increases developer productivity, providing faster time to market and lower application development cost. The combination of a highly optimized runtime, no middleware and improved productivity provide the lowest Total Cost of Ownership (TCO) in the industry.
SOLA eliminates the need to integrate multiple mainframe and distributed products/platforms to create an enterprise class SOA. Unlike alternative solutions that only offer one or two components of mainframe SOA, SOLA offers a complete SOA solution further reducing TCO.
SOLA’s high performance and low CPU overhead enable customers to run the world’s largest mainframe SOA implementations in the most cost effective manner. SOLA is the only product proven in enterprise implementations to handle high volume (10 million+) transactions per day in mission-critical mainframe SOA environments.
Innovative SOLA features such as One-Click service creation and an easy to use drag-and-drop interface deliver the only secure, standards-based and governable SOA product in the mainframe industry. SOLA provides mainframe end-to-end governance with WS-Security, WS-Policy, mainframe optimized registry, integrated monitoring, logging, auditing and near limitless scalability, all implemented on the mainframe. This makes SOLA the only solution for companies seeking secure, high-volume, mission-critical mainframe SOA.
SOLA Advantages for mainframe SOA
- Most comprehensive mainframe SOA solution on the market
- Production proven track record in the Fortune 1000
- Lowest TCO (and highest ROI) in the industry
- SOLA is a Governed Service Platform, making it fully governable by SOA Software products like Workbench and Service Manager
- Standards-based, enterprise SOA ready
- One-Click Web Services
- BPEL support enhances efficiency of complex operations.
- No workstation software to install
- Centralized directory
- Mainframe operates as a server or as a client
“We are extremely pleased to provide a complete mainframe SOA Solution,” said Paul Gigg, CEO of SOA Software. “Our Fortune 1000 customers must have inclusion of the mainframe in their SOA and demand the benefits provided in SOLA 6.0 such as lower total cost of ownership.”
“We have a long established tradition of segment leading technology and innovation,” said Jim Crew, SOLA co-creator and Vice President of SOA Software. “We were the first to offer production mainframe Web Services, the first to implement WS-Security and the first to deliver the most complete mainframe SOA product.”
New features and benefits of SOLA 6.0
- More powerful Web 2.0 SOLA Development Studio with intuitive drag-and-drop capabilities. Workflow efficiency has been greatly enhanced without sacrificing ease of use.
- BPEL support provides orchestration of Services, allowing customers to combine Services into composite Services.
- Enhanced customization (environments, access controls, etc.) allows SOLA to adapt to customer’s environments.
- Improved performance through enhanced database and parser algorithms increase efficiency and boost ROI.
- Improved security such as identity mapping, SAML 2.0 authentication, XACML authorization, multiple certificates and TLS provide improved security to a product that already possesses the segment’s strongest and most efficient security.
- Multiple container and pipeline support boost performance and efficiency by taking advantage of architectural improvements of IBM’s CICS TS.
- Enhanced management and administrative capability provide added flexibility, security and control.
SOLA can function as a stand-alone solution for mainframe SOA and can be governed by SOA Software’s Integrated SOA Governance Automation Solutions, Workbench and Service Manager, acting as a Certified Governed Service Platform. Certified Governed Service Platform status means that customers can be confident that their platforms won’t compromise the fidelity of the governance systems and structures defined in an enterprise SOA program. The certification process ensures that Governed Service Platforms can implement and enforce governance policies providing reporting data to enable a closed-loop audit process. The Governed Service Platform status ensures that SOLA can be consistently governed along with other enterprise service platforms.
About SOA Software
SOA Software is a leading provider of comprehensive, enterprise-class integrated SOA Governance solutions. SOA Software products provide a comprehensive closed-loop SOA governance solution (Workbench), a high-performance, scalable SOA security, mediation, and management (Service Manager), and a mainframe Web services solution for CICS applications (SOLA). SOA Software products process over 500 million mission critical transactions a month and are used by the largest Fortune 1000 corporations, including Merrill Lynch, Verizon, and Pfizer. For more information, please visit http://www.soa.com.
SOA Software, Workbench, Service Manager, SOLA, and Network Director are trademarks of SOA Software, Inc. All other product and company names herein may be trademarks and/or registered trademarks of their registered owners.
Back to Press Releases