SOA Software Announces Enterprise and Cloud Service Federation
Service Manager 6.0 Delivers Enterprise and Cloud Service Virtualization, Management and Mediation
Los Angeles, CA – June 8, 2010 – SOA Software, a leading SOA and Cloud Services Governance provider, today announced its award winning Service Manager product version 6.0. Service Manager 6.0 provides advanced virtualization, management, security, monitoring and mediation capabilities for SOA and Cloud Service, implemented using a state-of-the-art OSGi-based architecture. SOA provides the foundation for a successful transition to an Enterprise Cloud Operating Model. SOA Software products allow customers to confidently share services between commercial SOA platforms like IBM WebSphere, Microsoft, SAP, and Oracle, as well as Red Hat and other open source providers. Service Manager is the industry’s leading SOA Management and Security product. It delivers comprehensive standards-based security, routing, mediation, monitoring, and management. Service Manager implements and enforces policies, generates usage, performance and policy compliance metrics used to enable a closed-loop process for auditing and making sure policies are being correctly enforced.
Service Manager 6.0 delivers:
- Policy-based Mediation for integration with multiple platforms: Policy sharing and enforcement between commercial platforms becomes easier with Service Manager. Service Manager enforces and implements policies through advanced service virtualization, allowing declarative enterprise service federation to create relevant and consumable service interfaces across any platform, policy, message type and transport
- Extensible binding framework: Service Manager provides out of the box support for SOAP, REST and POX services with an extensible framework allowing customers to add other binding with ease
- Security Federation: Service Manager supports advanced security federation standards, providing enterprise-class token, authorization, and PKI capabilities for SOA and Cloud Services Open Architecture: Service Manager leverages an OSGi-based architecture providing a flexible, reliable, and high-performance solution for the most demanding enterprise environments
“Enterprise Services initiatives are about more than just SOAP Web services, they need to include REST, RSS, Atom and other web 2.0 and emerging technologies, such as Cloud Computing,” said Alistair Farquharson, CTO of SOA Software. “Service Manager 6.0 provides an extensible operational governance solution that allows customers to implement and enforce uniform policies across a wide array of service types, message exchange patterns, and transports, helping ensure the security and availability of critical assets across a wide range of business initiatives.”
Policy-based Mediation between SOA Platforms
Service Manager 6.0 enforces and implements policies through advanced service virtualization, allowing declarative enterprise service federation with SOA platforms like IBM WebSphere, Microsoft, Red Hat, SAP, and Oracle to create relevant and consumable service interfaces across any platform, policy, message type and transport. It provides support for a range of policies compliant with WS-Policy including:
- WS-Security Policy WS-Addressing Policy
- WS-Auditing Policy
- WS-TransactionTracking Policy
- WS-HTTPSecurity Policy
In addition to the advanced support for policy enforcement and implementation, Service Manager 6.0 provides dynamic policy mediation, accepting messages for virtual services enforcing one policy, and send messages to physical services implementing different policies. This provides some sophisticated security token mediation capabilities, encryption and decryption, and signature verification and signing. Additionally, Service Manager 6.0 provides declarative binding and message exchange pattern mediation through its built-in JSR-208 JBI bus.
Extensible binding framework
Enterprise services are increasingly developing beyond SOAP Web services, REST is increasingly important, along with many other binding types. Service Manager provides out of the box support for SOAP, REST and POX services with an extensible framework allowing customers to add other binding with ease. Service Manager 6.0 allows customers to create virtual services with multiple different interfaces, providing REST interfaces to SOAP services and vice versa. Service Manager 6.0 allows customers to create virtual services with multiple different interfaces, providing REST interfaces to SOAP services and vice versa.
Service Manager 6.0 provides a powerful security federation solution with a security token server for authentication and token exchange, an authorization server for distributed SOA and Cloud services authorization policy enforcement, and a built-in Certificate Authority and Public Key Infrastructure solution allowing for public/private key-pair generation, management and automated distribution. Amongst other things, Service Manager 6.0 includes:
- A SAML authority for the generation and signing of SAML assertions, and comprehensive SAML processing and validation capabilities
- A WS-Trust service for authentication and token exchange enabling sophisticated security token mediation use-cases such as exchanging username/password tokens for SAML assertions or X.509 certificates
- An XACML service for processing authorization requests against a local authorization policy store or via distribution to most common identity and access management systems
- WS-SecureConversation support for high-performance, session-based secure SOA and Cloud service consumption
Service Manager 6.0 is based on the OSGi specification delivering exceptional operational readiness with automated online update capabilities, easy extensibility and proven performance and scalability for the world’s most demanding enterprise and cloud services environments.
Pricing and Availability
Available in Q2 2010, Service Manager 6.0 starts at $50k USD.
Back to Press Releases