SOA Software Announces SOA Management for Microsoft WCF, BizTalk and ASP.NET Web Services
Service Manager Provides Unified, Automated SOA Governance for Microsoft
LOS ANGELES, CA – September 12, 2011 – SOA Software, a leading SOA and Cloud Services Governance provider, announced today new releases of its popular Service Manager providing unified SOA governance automation for Microsoft’s Enterprise SOA platform. The new products manage Web services on Windows Communication Foundation (WCF), BizTalk Server, and ASP.NET, offer greater automation of deployment, expanded auto-discovery of Web services, and improved governance of Web services across a heterogeneous SOA environment.
“Our goal is to help customers manage Web services that originate from, or interact with the Microsoft stack throughout the enterprise, whether deployed on premise or in the cloud, and wherever they may be in the service lifecycle,” said Alistair Farquharson, CTO of SOA Software. “We help our customers ensure that Web services on the Microsoft platform are efficiently governed by flexible policies, regardless of how diverse the enterprise platform ecosystem they may be operating in.”
SOA Software’s Service Manager makes services exposed from applications running on WCF, BizTalk Server, ASP.NET and Azure visible to and compliant with enterprise policies defined, enforced and audited across other platforms. Services from IBM, Oracle, Red Hat, SAP, and others become visible to and compliant with enterprise policies defined and enforced across your WCF, BizTalk, ASP.NET and Azure applications.
Unified governance automation from SOA Software spans the full enterprise service lifecycle. SOA Software’s Portfolio Manager enables governance of services at the architecture planning stage. Repository Manager provides governance and policy definition for the development stage of the lifecycle, while Service Manager and Policy Manager provide monitoring, management and policy enforcement at runtime. Whether customer applications run on-premise or in Microsoft’s Windows Azure cloud platform, SOA Software is committed to high quality governance solutions.
SOA Software’s solutions offer deep integration with Microsoft’s SOA and business process management solutions. SOA Software Service Manager enables automatic discovery of WCF and ASP.NET Web services wherever they are in the enterprise. Such Web services typically have varying levels of governance with respect to security, usage contracts, usage monitoring, clustering, and service level agreements. Service Manager gives clients the ability to govern some or all of their services using SOA Software’s native Windows agents. These agents enforce policy, monitor Web service activity, enforce service level agreements and usage contracts, and perform authentication and authorization.
SOA Software Service Manager Agents for Microsoft:
- SOA Software Service Manager for Microsoft WCF – Replaces potentially complex and labor-intensive WCF policy binding with automated, centralized policy definition and enforcement for WCF Web services. Read more.
- SOA Software Service Manager for Microsoft BizTalk – Governs BizTalk applications that interact with Web services and other modes of messaging, as well as messaging that interfaces with the BizTalk Enterprise Service Bus (ESB). Read more.
- SOA Software Service Manager for Microsoft ASP.NET – Runs on Microsoft Internet Information Services (IIS) and automatically discovers ASP.NET Web services, enabling selective governance of individual services. Read more.
Unified SOA Governance For Microsoft
SOA Software’s Microsoft-based SOA governance products are Windows native deploying easily using Microsoft Installer (MSI) files. They run alongside Microsoft-based applications in Windows Server.
Governance features for Web services on the Microsoft platform include:
- Portfolio management of enterprise services regardless of delivery platform
- Uniform lifecycle and policy governance across existing platform investments
- Lifecycle Management workflow to implement building permit process
- Assurance of interoperability with other platforms
- Seamless, heterogeneous SOA Governance, Security and Management integration with major middleware platforms including IBM, Oracle, Red Hat, SAP and others
- Performance and reliability management
- SOA Management, SOA security, SLA, SOA monitoring, routing, mediation, and policy management
- Integrated provisioning and lifecycle management
- Inter-departmental consumer contract provisioning and negotiation
- Standards support for Governance automation (UDDIv3, WS-MEX)
- Trust enablement and trust mediation
Cloud Governance and Microsoft Windows Azure As IT organizations reap the benefits of cloud based computing using Microsoft Windows Azure, the need for SOA governance increases. Whether deploying services and applications through pure cloud architectures or utilizing hybrid approaches using a combination of on premise and cloud based resources, SOA governance is critical to the scaling and automation of a growing cloud infrastructure. Read more.
For more information on SOA Software’s Microsoft solutions, please visit http://www.soa.com/solutions/microsoft/microsoft_and_soa_software/
About SOA Software SOA Software is a leading provider of unified SOA governance, cloud and API Management products that enable organizations to plan, build, and run enterprise services and open APIs. The world’s largest companies including Bank of America, Pfizer, and Verizon use SOA Software solutions to transform their business. For more information, please visit http://www.soa.com.
Back to Press Releases