SOA Software Portfolio Manager Certified as “Powered by SAP NetWeaver®”
Solution Provides Planning Governance for Mission-Critical Enterprise Services
Los Angeles, CA – October, 5, 2009 – SOA Software today announced its Portfolio Manager 6.1 product has been certified by SAP AG as “Powered by SAP NetWeaver®”. The solution provides Planning SOA governance to help ensure that customers are exposing and consuming the right mission-critical enterprise services with their SAP® solutions. See http://www.soa.com/sap for detailed information.
The SAP Integration and Certification Center has certified that SOA Software Portfolio Manager 6.1 can be successfully deployed on the Java EE 5-based SAP NetWeaver Composition Environment (SAP NetWeaver CE) 7.1 component of the SAP NetWeaver technology platform to govern the development of applications that exchange critical data with instances of SAP Business Suite software.
“We are delighted to announce the successful achievement of ‘Powered by SAP NetWeaver’ certification status for Portfolio Manager,” said Roberto Medrano, executive vice president of SOA Software. “The ability of Portfolio Manager to help corporations determine their current state of their services, identify what services they have and need to plan, and to prioritize service development will prove highly beneficial to current and future SAP customers.”
Portfolio Manager helps ensure the alignment of SOA Programs with strategic IT investment and business objectives and make sure that enterprises build the right services at the right time. Portfolio Manager now allows customers to better leverage their existing investments in SAP solutions to build enterprise services and applications that can transform their business with SOA.
Portfolio Manager™ is SOA Software’s innovative Planning Governance product that helps ensure the alignment of SOA Programs with strategic IT investment and business objectives and makes sure that enterprises build the right services at the right time. It helps customers identify candidate services and build an SOA roadmap through SOA Modeling, Asset Identification, and a Portfolio Management process. To achieve these goals Portfolio Manager functions as part of a unified SOA Governance automation suite with seamless integration with Repository Manager™ and Policy Manager™.
Key capabilities for Portfolio Manager include:
- Delivers packaged SOA planning governance methods and governance automation meta-models
- Dynamically represents current and future architecture models based on industry standards and internal definitions
- Leverages APQC business process frameworks to promote compliance with industry best practices
- Provides existing system capability discovery and candidate service identification
- Provisions prioritized services into Repository Manager for Development Governance Automation
- Ensures that SOA portfolio management remains a continuous dynamic process
Portfolio Manager Product implements a three-part process for portfolio management:
- Model current and target architectures
- Leverage industry best practice models including APQC
- Import existing models
- Integrate with existing modeling environment
- Identify assets from Governed Development Platforms and Governed Service Platforms
- Manage asset relationships
- Identify candidate services
- Prioritize service development
- Enforce enterprise architecture planning policies
- Create a service roadmap
- Provision prioritized services into SOA Software’s Repository Manager for Development Governance Automation
Back to Press Releases