SOA Software Repository Manager Certified as “Powered by SAP NetWeaver®”
Solution Provides Governance of Mission-Critical Enterprise Services for Customers
Los Angeles, CA – September 9, 2009 – SOA Software today announced its Repository Manager 6.1 product has been certified by SAP AG as “Powered by SAP NetWeaver®”. The solution provides SOA governance of mission-critical enterprise services exposed and consumed by SAP solutions. See www.soa.com/SAP for detailed information.
The SAP Integration and Certification Center has certified that SOA Software Repository Manager 6.1 can be successfully deployed on the Java EE-based SAP NetWeaver Composition Environment (SAP NetWeaver CE) 7.1 component of the SAP NetWeaver technology.
“We are delighted to announce the successful achievement of ‘Powered by SAP NetWeaver’ certification status for Repository Manager,” said Roberto Medrano, executive vice president of SOA Software. “The ability of Repository Manager to be successfully deployed on SAP NetWeaver will prove highly beneficial to current and future customer engagements.”
Repository Manager enables enterprises to understand what services and other software assets exist, where they’re located and how each fits into a company’s business and technical landscape. By providing a context for understanding and assessing existing software assets, Repository Manager serves to automate the path to SOA. As a result of the certified integration, Repository Manager now allows customers to better leverage their existing investments in SAP solutions to build enterprise services and applications that can transform their business with SOA.
Repository Manager is SOA Software’s industry-leading development governance platform that simplifies the creation, integration, management and promotion of enterprise assets and services throughout the complete development lifecycle. Its strong integration with leading application development environments, federation with all major run-time registries like IBM WSRR, HP SOA Systinet, and other UDDI registries, and its integration with SOA Software’s Policy Manager TM enables customers from a single point of control to rapidly deploy services and other software assets within the SOA enterprise lifecycle. Now from a single point of control users can easily govern and manage services as they progress across the service development lifecycle and provide key feedback at critical checkpoints across the service lifecycle.
Key capabilities for Repository Manager include the following:
- Development SOA Governance– Repository Manager enables enterprises to manage their heterogeneous asset types from a single source. These assets can include services, components (.NET, J2EE, CORBA), legacy systems, and/or knowledge assets, such as patterns and best practices, used by development team.
- Strong Federation with Leading Service Registries – Support for native federated repositories allows organizations to share assets around the world, while tightly controlling how services are created, viewed and consumed.
- Deploy and Manage Assets and Services Effectively - Repository Manager can automatically invoke compliance policy validations implemented in Policy Manager. The combination of Repository Manager and Policy Manager allows users to replace what was previously a time-consuming ad-hoc exercise with a scalable, automated governance process.
- Discover Assets and Services Collaboratively - Repository Manager’s discovery engine offers capabilities ranging from simple keyword searches to sophisticated, model-based searches.
- SDLC Automation - Repository Manager automates both development-time service production and consumption governance processes via its highly flexible imbedded event engine.
- Development System Federation - Through its XML-driven AnySource adapter framework, Repository Manager can be connected to any development system of record.
- IDE Integration - Repository Manager delivers certified plug-ins for the IBM Rational (RAD, RSM, and RSA) and Microsoft Visual Studio environments, and also provides equivalent capabilities for the hugely popular open source Eclipse IDE.
- Graphical Impact Analysis - Through its Asset Relationship Visualization feature, Repository Manager provides architects and other key SOA stakeholders with an interactive and dynamic graphical environment for understanding upstream and downstream dependencies so they can head off destabilizing changes.
- Rich Search Environment - Repository Manager provides the most extensive search capabilities in the industry, including its patented graphical reference model-based search.
- Complete SOA Governance - The combination of Repository Manager and Policy Manager allows users to replace what was previously a time-consuming ad hoc exercise with a scalable, automated SOA governance process spanning service development through operations.
Back to Press Releases