API Gateway - Simplified Security and Management
Accelerate API Deployment with Streamlined Security, Integration, and Mediation
Organizations are increasingly adopting APIs to deliver services through mobile, cloud and web channels. However, while it is becoming easier to expose and consume these services through APIs, enforcing consistent security policies, monitoring these services on a continuous basis, ensuring performance and high availability through an single integrated solution for APIs is often complex and time consuming.
The SOA Software API Gateway solution is delivered as a virtual appliance that streamlines management, deployment, development and operation of APIs, enhancing security and regulatory compliance through authentication, authorization and audit capabilities. It provides central definition and management of security, routing, reliability, mediation, auditing and other operational governance policies across multiple instances. The Gateway enables enterprises to standardize API and service delivery with high security, performance and availability. The Gateway also enables enterprises to rapidly publish their internal services and APIs to a cloud hosted developer community, significantly reducing time and cost.
The API Gateway allows organizations to quickly and cost-effectively develop, secure, manage and monitor their APIs in an increasingly connected world by securely and rapidly connecting applications across platforms, devices and channels.
The API Gateway is a single unified platform covering all aspects of API and SOA delivery requirements, on-premise or in the cloud.
- API Native and SOA Native – The only platform that supports both APIs and SOA natively, reducing the cost of management and development across all API and SOA initiatives across your enterprise
- On-Premise or in the Cloud – You can choose how and where you deploy to best meet the needs of your business
The API Gateway lets you secure your APIs, protecting sensitive data while allowing access to authorized Apps and users.
- Comprehensive out-of-the-box policies – Choose from a wide array of authentication schemes, standards and token types to ensure that only valid users and applications get access to your APIs
- Comprehensive OAuth server - Use your existing enterprise security systems to create an OAuth authorization server so your users can manage access rights for their own data
- Built-in PKI and key distribution model - Ensure the privacy of customer data with sophisticated encryption and signature capabilities
- First and last mile security - Optional Delegates and Agents integrate with the Gateway to provide a complete end-to-end solution
- Threat Prevention - Detect and prevent Denial of Service (DoS) attacks, malformed messages or excessive XML/JSON depth and breadth.
The API Gateway lets you deliver the right API regardless of the service type you’re starting with
- Bi-directional protocol transformation - Convert existing SOAP or Plain-old-XML (POX) over MQ or JMS services into RESTful APIs with XML and/or JSON content
- API & Message Routing - Route based on message content, headers, identity and other factors
- Virtualization and Aggregation - Use virtualization to remove operations, aggregate multiple backend APIs or services, perform mediation, or composition - without writing code.
The API Gateway lets you monitor your API and Services operations and analyze API usage for insight
- Real-time system monitoring - Use the Web-based dashboards to get real-time visibility into service and API performance, dependencies, and alert status
- Alert Management – Powerful alert management, monitoring, and distribution. Leverage alerts within compositions to control message routing, enforce SLAs or perform other runtime activities
- Reporting - Dashboards and out-of-the-box reports provide visibility into the performance of APIs and services from different perspectives, including department, partner, application contract, API/service or operation
SOA Software’s API Gateway provides a sophisticated developer community product to help enterprises attract, manage, and support the developers that build Apps using their APIs.
- Publish APIs & Services - After you’ve created your API, the developer web portal allows to actively engage developers
- Social Interaction - Integrated forums for finding information, alerts, discussions, trouble tickets and workflow requests for all resources
- Groups and Team Management - Allow developer and development managers to create teams of peers who can collaborate on their API consumption aspects of their App.
- API & App Visibility - Allow users to create public resources that they can promote and market, or private resources to support beta or development uses, or for sensitive business applications
- API Documentation - Upload and manage various types of API documentation and associated table of contents
Does the heavy lifting to help build and run APIs. Get the tools to create the innovative APIs that drive business forward.
- Define and Manage APIs - Create APIs with multiple interfaces using different standards including REST/XML, REST/JSON and SOAP with no extra development effort
- Contract Management - Manage relationships between service consumers and providers
- Value Management - Measure and manage the value and effectiveness of SOA in the organization. Assign real or arbitrary value to service transactions for billing or tracking purposes
- Comprehensive Integration with SOA Software’s Lifecycle Manager - Control the service production and consumption process from requirements definition to development