RedHat, JBoss and SOA Software
SOA Software’s products provide Unified Governance Automation for the JBoss Enterprise SOA Platform. This allows customers to confidently use JBoss products as part of a heterogeneous enterprise SOA environment sharing services with other commercial SOA platforms like Microsoft, IBM WebSphere, SAP NetWeaver, BEA, and Oracle, as well as other open source providers.
- Ensure that services they identify, design and build using JBoss are relevant to and consumable by applications they design, build and deploy using other platforms like SAP and IBM.
- Make services they expose from applications running on the JBoss Enterprise SOA Platform visible to and compliant with enterprise policies defined, enforced and audited across other platforms; and make services they design and build using other platforms like SAP and open source environments visible to and compliant with enterprise policies defined, enforced and audited across their JBoss applications.
- Promote, ensure and formalize consistent alignment between demand from service consumers and the supply of services through Consumer Contract Provisioning and Enterprise Service Portfolio Management.
SOA Software’s platform-independent Integrated SOA Governance Automation solution promotes the use of best-practices throughout an enterprise SOA program regardless of where services and consumers are planned, designed, built, deployed and operated. SOA Software’s Solutions offer deep integration with the JBoss Enterprise SOA Platform.
Unified Governance for JBoss Enterprise SOA Platform
The JBoss Enterprise SOA Platform leverages and is extended by an enterprise SOA Governance Automation solution.
JBoss customers are adding SOA Software’s Policy Manager, Portfolio Manager, Repository Manager and Service Manager products to provide Unified SOA Governance Automation for their Enterprise SOA solutions to provide a number of solutions:
- Portfolio management of enterprise services regardless of delivery platform
- Uniform lifecycle and policy governance across existing platform investments
- Lifecycle Management workflow to implement building permit process
- Ensure interoperability with other platforms
- Seamless, heterogeneous SOA Governance, Security and Management integration with JBoss Middleware infrastructure
- Performance and reliability management
- Interoperability across disparate partners and platforms
- Integrated provisioning and lifecycle management
- Inter-departmental consumer contract provisioning and negotiation
- Standards support for Governance automation (UDDIv3, WS-MEX)
- Trust enablement and trust mediation
SOA Software’s products support and promote common Unified SOA Governance best practices, and enable the consistent execution of these best practices with the JBoss Enterprise SOA Platform. They offer the added benefit that there is no requirement to introduce another non-JBoss platform in order to support the required architecture.
Using Policy Manager, Portfolio Manager, Repository Manager and Service Manager, SOA Software certifies JBoss’s products as Governed Service Platforms. Certified Governed Service Platform status means that customers can be confident that their platforms will preserve the fidelity of the governance models, structures and mechanisms supporting an enterprise SOA program.
SOA Software’s products offer a comprehensive Integrated SOA Governance Automation solution for JBoss:
|RedHat Product||SOA Software Added Value|
|JBoss Enterprise Application Platform||Governance federation Metadata management Mediation for interoperability Policy enforcement, implementation, and monitoring Security policy implementation and enforcement Automated PKI key distribution|
|JBoss Enterprise SOA Platform (including ESB)||Governance federation Metadata management Mediation for interoperability Policy enforcement, implementation, and monitoring Security policy implementation and enforcement Automated PKI key distribution|
|JBoss jBPM||Governance Federation Dynamic policy implementation Abstraction of applications from complex policy operations|
To contact an SOA Software representative to discuss your SOA based on RedHat and JBoss systems, please contact us.
Attendees will gain insight into:
- How to solve business and technical problems with open source SOA technology
- Overview of JBoss Enterprise SOA Platform capabilities
- SOA Governance Strategies and Best Practices
- Benefits of governance associated with TCO and quality assurance
- Steps to put a plan for SOA governance into place
Learn more and register
- California Department of Water Resources Optimizes IT Efficiency with SOA Software and Red Hat
- SOA Software Announces Support for CXF and XFire on Red Hat’s JBoss Enterprise Middleware
- SOA Software Certifies JBoss as a Governed Service Platform
- SOA Software Extends Red Hat’s Integrated Platform with SOA Governance Solutions