Microsoft and SOA Software
SOA Software’s products provide Unified SOA Governance Automation for Microsoft’s Enterprise SOA platform. This allows you to have confidence that you are governing Microsoft SOA elements either on their own or as part of a heterogeneous enterprise SOA environment. Our governance solution makes services exposed from applications running on Windows Communication Foundation (WCF), BizTalk Server, and ASP.NET visible to and compliant with enterprise policies defined, enforced and audited across other platforms. Services from IBM, Oracle, Red Hat, SAP, and others become visible to and compliant with enterprise policies defined and enforced across your WCF, BizTalk, and ASP.NET applications.
Unified governance automation from SOA Software spans the full enterprise service lifecycle. SOA Software’s Portfolio Manager enables governance of services at the architecture planning stage. Repository Manager provides governance and policy definition for the development stage of the lifecycle, while Service Manager and Policy Manager provide monitoring, management and policy enforcement at runtime.
SOA Software’s solutions offer deep integration with the Microsoft SOA and business process management solutions including: WCF, BizTalk Server, Windows Azure, ASP.NET and Visual Studio and Team Foundation Server. SOA Software enables automatic discovery of WCF and ASP.NET Web services wherever they are in your enterprise. Such Web services typically have varying levels of governance with respect to security, usage contracts, usage monitoring, clustering, and service level agreements. We give you the ability to govern some or all of your services using SOA Software’s native Windows agents. These agents enforce policy, monitor Web service activity, enforce service level agreements and usage contracts, and perform authentication and authorization.
SOA Software Service Manager Agents for Microsoft:
- SOA Software Service Manager for Microsoft WCF Replaces potentially complex and labor-intensive WCF policy binding with automated, centralized policy definition and enforcement for WCF Web services. Read more.
- SOA Software Service Manager for Microsoft BizTalk – Governs BizTalk applications that interact with Web services and other modes of messaging, as well as messaging that interfaces with the BizTalk Enterprise Service Bus (ESB). Read more.
- SOA Software Service Manager for Microsoft ASP.NET – Runs on Microsoft Internet Information Services (IIS) and automatically discovers ASP.NET Web services, enabling selective governance of individual services. Read more.
- SOA Software Service Manager and Windows Azure and Azure AppFabric
- Whether customer applications run on-premise or in Microsoft’s Windows Azure cloud platform, SOA Software is committed to high quality governance solutions. Read more.
Unified SOA Governance
Our Microsoft-based SOA governance products are native Windows products and deploy easily using Microsoft Installer (MSI) files. They run alongside Microsoft-based applications in Windows Server. Governance features for Web services on the Microsoft platform include:
- Portfolio management of enterprise services regardless of delivery platform
- Uniform lifecycle and policy governance across existing platform investments
- Lifecycle Management workflow to implement building permit process
- Assurance of interoperability with other platforms
- Seamless, heterogeneous SOA Governance, Security and Management integration with major middleware platforms including IBM, Oracle, Red Hat, SAP and others
- Performance and reliability management
- SOA Management, SOA security, SLA, SOA monitoring, routing, mediation, and policy management
- Integrated provisioning and lifecycle management
- Inter-departmental consumer contract provisioning and negotiation
- Standards support for Governance automation (UDDIv3, WS-MEX)
- Trust enablement and trust mediation
On a product-by-product basis, the SOA Software governance solution provides the following value added governance capabilities to the Microsoft platform:
|Microsoft Product||SOA Software Added Value|
|ASP .NET Web Services||
|Visual SourceSafe and Team Foundation Server||
- View the press release
- Blog: Richard Seroter’s Architecture Musings: BizTalk Server and SOA Software Together, Part I
- Blog: Richard Seroter’s Architecture Musings: Utilizing Spring.NET To Integrate BizTalk and SOA Software
To contact an SOA Software representative to discuss your SOA based on Microsoft systems, please contact us.
In this presentation, SOA Software’s Frank Martinez and Microsoft’s Marty Wasznicky discuss the best practices for Service-Oriented Architecture Governance, and how SOA Software’s products provide a comprehensive closed-loop SOA Governance solution.
Click here to view the presentation.
- Press Release: SOA Software Announces Ready-to-use SOA Governance for Microsoft
- Press Release: SOA Software Announces SOA Management for Microsoft WCF, BizTalk and ASP.NET Web Services
- Press Release: SOA Software Achieves a Gold Independent Software Vendor (ISV) in the Microsoft Partner Network
- Press Release: Skandia Nordic Implements Comprehensive SOA Governance Infrastructure from SOA Software
- Press Release: SOA Software’s Products Showcased in Microsoft Technology Centers Worldwide
- Press Release: SOA Software Demonstrates Enhanced Governance for Microsoft “Dublin” and WCF
- Press Release: SOA Software Announces Expanded SOA Governance for Microsoft .NET Framework
- Press Release: SOA Software Announces SOA Governance for Microsoft .NET Framework
- Press Release: SOA Software Adds Support for Microsoft Visual Studio 2008 Team Foundation Server
- Press Release: SOA Software Joins Microsoft Business Process Alliance
- Press Release: SOA Software Adds Closed-loop Governance for Microsoft BizTalk Server
- Blog: Richard Seroter's Architecture Musings: BizTalk Server and SOA Software Together, Part I
- Blog: Richard Seroter's Architecture Musings: Utilizing Spring.NET To Integrate BizTalk and SOA Software
- Blog: Using SOA Software with Microsoft's ESB Guidance
SOA Software Reseller Program for Microsoft Partners